Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    Quote Originally Posted by ms pemberley View Post
    If it's real-deal pit, I'm going to break my diet some kind of fierce. I've missed my BBQ. No place outside of Kingsport that I know of with anything close to decent BBQ and the only one I've tried non-chain is Braeden's.

    Ridgewood in Bluff City. People drive hundreds of miles for that stuff.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    Get there an hour before opening too at Ridgewoods. Opens at 4 if I am not mistaken and people line up for it beginning at 3 or so. I have been once. It is very good and lots of memorabilia of famous people who have came by to eat it. I believe Ronald Reagan eat there a few times as well when he was in this area. Lots of race car drivers as well. The beans are great. The pork is probably more whole shoulder than boston butt as many BBQers use. Also instead of pulling the pork, they slice it thinly, so it has a little different texture than most BBQ joints. It is really good though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Ridgewood in Bluff City. People drive hundreds of miles for that stuff.
    its been featured in southern living and other magazines. another couple of good ones are Dixie BBQ and red pig in johnson city bu tthey dont compare to ridgewood.
    Cant we all just get along?

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    god real good BBQ ribs own me.

    theres nothing better than whole rack of memphis-style ribs

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    god real good BBQ ribs own me.

    theres nothing better than whole rack of memphis-style ribs
    That's no lie. I have an aunt that lives in Memphis and on the rare occasion I've been to visit we had some ribs from a joint down there. Can't remember the name but it was the absolute sh?t!! D?mn, I'm all hungry now.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    Any of you watching pitmasters on Discovery I beleive it is? Myron Mixon is entertaining, but I like the guys who are stickburning around 225-250 cooking long hours over a braiser in general.

    Ribs are awesome, pulled pork is great, but I still love a brisket when its cooked right. Thats something I still need to try in my smoker.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #17
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    I am Blessed beyond measure to live in NC as far as BBQ goes . You can't swing a dead cat w/o hitting a dozen bbq joints in anytown around . Lexington NC is one of the self proclaimed bbq capitals of the country . In a city of roughly 20,000 there are over 20 bbq joints .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  8. #18
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    I would like to take a trip down there sometime, and hit the Memphis in May competition sometime. One oddity I found in a cookbook was a white bbq sauce. This is a traditional bbq sauce from Alabama. Different flavor, but worked extremely well.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #19
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    The guy who is running the place is Brent Hobbs...used to be a great running back at Pound..

    the food isn't bad.. it's an okay place

  10. #20
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Led Belly BBQ in Norton

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    I would like to take a trip down there sometime, and hit the Memphis in May competition sometime. One oddity I found in a cookbook was a white bbq sauce. This is a traditional bbq sauce from Alabama. Different flavor, but worked extremely well.
    Memphis in May is a heartattack waiting to happen ... and I would gladly pay that hospital bill. They got it going on there for sure. Anybody watch Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives, especially the Memphis BBQ show? Now those smoked cornish game hens and sausages are good, too. Not had them from any of those places, but from some other little joints. BBQ is just such a freaking good comfort food. Good dry run, long, slow smoke, nice red sauce in a hot, mild and sweet flavor. ....... Okay, time to stop talking. The mouth is watering and the stomach is growling.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •